How To Fix Firestick Buffering Issues | A Step By Step Guideline
Firestick is one of the most loved streaming devices worldwide. It is very simple to set up and use the Firestick. A large number of awesome apps from Amazon and third-party apps are supported. However, many users face buffering issues with their Firestick device. The number of users facing these issues is low, the users who do, are new on Firestick. If your Firestick keeps buffering all the time then this post will be helpful for you. You will learn “How to Fix Firestick Buffering Issues”.
What Causes buffering on Firestick?
There are several factors that may affect the streaming and cause buffering issues. Why do buffering on Firestick take place? Here are the most wanted reasons.
- Slow Intenet Connection: If your internet connection is slow, you will surely face buffering issues. It is highly recommended to have at least 10 Mbps for 1080p and 20Mbps for 4k streaming.
- ISP Throttling: Your Internet Service provider may slow down your connection speed if they detect too much streaming.
- The distance of Modem and Firestick: If your Wifi Modem is too far from your Firestick device, your signal strength may fall down that causes buffering on Firestick
- Low RAM: There might be many unnecessary apps running on the device and your device may have installed low RAM. It is not uncommon for Firestick to run out of RAM.
- Low Storage: It is common among all streaming devices. Firestick device has only 8 GB space, a lot of which is used by the OS.
- Firestick Overheating: Using continuously, the device is heated up, it is likely to cause streaming issues as well.
How to fix FireStick buffering issues?
If you can’t even find any reason to buffer, there is a trick, Just restart your Firestick Device. Actually, restarting is one of the most used and basic troubleshooting methods and it should be applied first. This method can solve many problems.
Here are steps to restart Firestick:
- Go to Firestick Settings.
- Click on My Fire TV.
- Hover on the Restart and click it.
- Now click Confirm to restart Firestick.
Increase Connection Speed
You may have a high-speed broadband and connection speed. It is mandatory to cause buffering issues on Firestick. But we recommend checking the internet speed as the first procedure of troubleshooting. If it is the slow internet behind streaming issues, you can simply reach out to your ISP to find the reason.
Here is how to check Internet speed on Firestick:
- From the home screen, move to Settings.
- On the next window, click on Network.
- Highlight your Wifi Name here
- You will find network status on the right side.
Use VPN to Prevent Buffering
Among ISPs, Internet Throttling is a common practice. When you do stream activities beyond a certain level, they slow down your internet speed. As a result, you face buffering issues on Firestick. Having a VPN not only hides your identity but have other benefits like:
- It hides all of your activities and online presence.
- Protects your information from scammers.
- Unblock geo-restricted content including BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Clear up the FireStick RAM
Firestick streaming device has a RAM of 1 GB on 2nd generation and 1.5 GB on Firestick 4k. this is not quite much but enough for continuously streaming. Low RAM is also responsible for buffering problems. You would be shocked to know that some apps keep hogging the RAM even when they are closed.
It is simple to clear up the RAM, you have to just close background applications. But here is a question, how would you find which apps are running in the background?
Here is a step by step guideline to find and close background apps on firestick to clear up Ram:
- From the home screen, go on the Search Bar.
- Look for the Background Apps and Process List app and keep on following the instructions to install it.
- Uncheck the option “Open App on Boot”, if you don’t need to open the app automatically.
- Click Got It on the next window.
- You will now see a new window for the apps. Move next and click Force Stop.
Avoid FireStick Overheating
The overuse of Firestick is harmful to the hardware system of the device. It may lead to slow down your device. After using, don’t forget to unplug it from the power source.