Kodi Not Working On Firestick
Kodi is one of the most used apps that every Firestick user loves. Firestick is used as a medium to install and use Kodi on a TV. Even if you install Kodi on a Firestick properly, you may face the problem of “Kodi Not Working on Firestick”. The most occurring problem behind Kodi Not Working on Firestick is due to the following reasons.
- The developers’ team of Kodi has released a new update to Kodi. For this, it is necessary to update Kodi on Firestick to resolve this kind of issue
- It may be that Kodi is not properly installed on Firestick
- Cache problem may cause this problem
- Using a large number of Apps on Firestick or dumping the data
Keep on reading this article to get all possible ways to fix the issue of Kodi Not Working on Firestick.
Pre-Conditions For Fixing Issue
- Before starting to fixing method, there are a few things to be performed
- First of all, check other applications on Firestick whether working or not.
- Check out if you have a connection with a fair speed
- Some of the Add-ons are geo-restricted and apart from that internet service providers ban your IP address for streaming movies and TV shows. So, check if your Firestick is connected to a VPN. We strongly recommend you to use a VPN like Express VPN to enjoy streaming independently.
And if you are facing any problem with Kodi yet then follow these instructions shared here.
How To Fix Kodi Not Working on Firestick Issue?
Clearing Kodi Cache
One of the key reasons for Kodi Not Working on Firestick is due to the cache. A huge amount of cache is accumulated by the Kodi app while booting. There is a procedure to eliminate the cache from firestick.
- First, go to the settings and then click on the Kodi app.
- Now select Manage Installed Applications there.
- Move to the Kodi app and click on it
- Force stop Kodi and clear the cache
Just wait for some time & open the Kodi app again. Now, it will work properly.
Clearing Dump Data
If you have tried the above-mentioned process to fix the problem but it all failed then these instructions would assist you to fix the issue.
Here is a step by step guideline to help you out.
- From the home page of Firestick, go to settings
- There, select on the “Manage Installed Application”
- Likewise mentioned above, move to Kodi application and click on it
- Now check out the space used by this application. If it is more than 1 GB then the Firestick is failed to manage Kodi in an efficient way.
- So, erase the data stored by the Kodi app. It’ll clear all the data & addons you have saved. Kindly, be careful while doing this.
Now wait for a minute and open the Kodi app again to check. Kodi will work fine and the Kodi will start booting from the start.
Reinstalling Kodi on Firestick
That’s the final solution if you didn’t get any solution from the above-mentioned tricks. Then the issue may be something different here. So, it would be better to install and reinstall Kodi on Firestick. However, if you are not familiar enough with Kodi and don’t know “How to uninstall Kodi” then following instructions would be beneficial for you.
- From home screen. Go to settings
- As earlier mentioned, move to applications and click on Manage Installed Applications
- Navigate to the Kodi application and click it
- By scrolling down, click on “Uninstall Kodi” at the bottom
- It will remove the Kodi app from Firestick application
And, install Kodi app again. Keep in mind to install the latest version of Kodi. Because sometimes an older version may not work properly.
Other Reasons For Kodi Not Working on Firestick!
- Sometimes due to excessive use of the device, the Firestick gets heat up. This may cause not to work properly. For this, it is mandatory to be cooled down so it may work smoothly.
- Other causes that can affect the Kodi to crash are the poor internet connection. If the internet speed is not enough then watch movies or TV shows can cause to buffer. And Kodi will not work and may lead to shut. On the other hand, it also harmful to your system may slow down. Finally, move your router near to Firestick to fix the problem of slow internet speed.
- Due to excessive use of bandwidth, sometimes your activity is tracked by internet service providers. They can restrict streaming on your IP and your Kodi will not function smoothly. In this case, it is better to use a VPN while streaming online because it will help you to stay anonymous.
Overall, in terms of fixing the problems, you can always choose other methods too. If you are facing the “Kodi Not Working on Firestick” issue, then our explained solutions may be helpful for you.